Saturday, March 26, 2005

tring tring...

The calls that a person gets in India at times irritates and at times amuses. I got these 2 calls.One was from the ICICI bank and another was from HUTCH. ...... A guy calls me from ICICI bank and says that he wants to talk about the credit limit of the ICICI credit card. Having refused a lot of similiar calls, i thought i will talk to this guy and find out what he had to offer. he:Sir, i need to talk about the credit limit of ICICI credit card. Me: fine, go ahead he:Sir you have exceeded your credit limit and payment is due now. Me: what? i dont own a ICICI credit card...! and i am senthil natarajan, just in case if you got the wrong person. he: but sir you have exceeded the allowed limit of your card. Me: I told you i dont own a ICICI credit card, and for your info i dont even have ICICI debit card....!( actually i have a ICICI debit card) he: but i am pretty sure that you have crossed the credit limit( now this guy was adamant) Me: hey, when i dont have a credit card then how will I excced its limit? can you give me the card number that you are talking about? he: Sir, as part of our privace policy we donot disclose the card numbers over the phone. Me: Now we need to put an end to this discussion, just prove me that i own a card. he: Sir can you please tell me the last two transactions that you did with your credit card??? Me: Transactions thru' credit card........! damn! i hung up . Just to make sure that i indeed got a call from ICICI i returned the call to the same number after 15 mins. It was ICICI .....! god save ICICI bank from these guys. .... and this call i got last month from HUTCH. I used to get calls from BPL mobile while i was using it, and they usually called to ask if i was intrested to change to Post-paid connection. I was attending a training session when i got this call. lady: sir we are calling from Hutch.... me: i am sorry can you call me after sometime i am busy at the moment and i hung up after say 20-30 secs i got a call again but with a different number lady: sir i am calling from HUTCH..... me:sorry i said i am busy now ....and i abruptly hung up irritated now then there was no call for 2-3 mins and again a number flashed, i was pissed off but din want to hang up, as i din know the number and moreover i was waiting a call from my trainee incharge in HCL.So i answered the phone lady: sir sir sir your due date to pay your bill is over and tomm. we will disconnect your line. me:oops!and hung up gosh! all the while she was trying to tell me that....and i was thinking she was trying to promote some crapy new scheme.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hai Senthil These Days lots of Agents interrupting us esp in HCL VDPLN.. After Moving to AMB4 there you won't receive any ICICI Guy but Hutch as long as you hold your phone no way.. Any way enjoy amb4

Anonymous said...

I know tamil. So how is life at Pamona?