Friday, March 04, 2005

all in a days work

My office is at vadapalani and commuting is a pain in the a** , the buses are just horrible... i dont even feel like getting into one in the morning peak hours. So this is what i do, i live at adambakkam which is near to St.Thomas Mount Station. 1.I take a share Auto from Adambakkam to Guindy, mind you this is not the big share auto it is a normal auto where at times i even sit along with the driver. This wonderful ride usually costs me Rs.5 2. Then i cross the Guindy railway track[overbridge] and cross the MountRoad [subway] and go into the Guindy Industrail Estate and take another Share auto(these autos are big ones) to Udayam and this cramped ride cost me Rs. 3 ( missing connex trains and yarra trams) 3. From udayam i take another share auto to Vadapalani which cost Rs.5 today was in a way a nice day to say, so this is what happened : Step 1. As usual i took a share auto from adambakkam and i was the first one to hop into the auto so i made it a point to ask the driver whether it was on a sharing basis to which he said 'yes'.A little ahead i saw a girl standing ( beautiful) i was just wondering if she was looking for a share auto, just then she waved her hand and said that she wanted to go to DMS. To my surprise the driver accepted.She sat next to me.... o gosh! i wanted to look at her but then i couldnt turn my face 90 degrees to left and blush. With all the hard earned intelligence i looked thru the mirror, just then she also looked at it... so even that idea went into the drain. A little ahead someone else also hopped in so she came even closer. Damn me! i felt like talking but ........ Then came the climax of step one, she took out her nokia and started talking in English" Hey da wazzup and where are you? have you done the job that you were supposed to do...." she was talking something and all and then suddenly in tamil she said "payyan a marakama kulipatidungo...!" was she married ? god no I got down at Guindy and went inside the industrial estate...Today there was no share auto there... i found out that those guys were on a strike.. i was wondering what to do... going by bus was just out of question, too crowded. I saw a good looking girl standing next to me. I presumed that she was also waiting for a share auto, i thought i will ask her and if she agrees we might take an ordinary auto and share. Me: Are you waiting for share auto? She: Yes! Me:I guess these guys are on a strike...! She: oh! btw where are you going? Me:Vadapalani and where are you going? She: I am going till ekatuthangal... if you don't mind we will take an auto and share! Me: You are just going half the way i don't that will work out (scenu actually i was willing to!)She: Oh thats not a problem! i will give my share you can give it to him when u get down! Me: Hmm... ok! We took an auto and the driver asked Rs.40 till vadapalani and we agreed on that. ( I was under the impression that we would share equally although she never mentioned that and not fair either)On the way not wasting any time i just asked one thing " are you working?" for which in a rather abrupt way she replied "yes"I din talk much as ekatuthangal is not very far from guindy. As she was about to get down she gave me Rs.10 and asked the driver to stop, and told him "avaru kita vaangikongo"O shit! she dint even bother to ask me as to how much she would share.... my fate the journey which normally would have costed just 8 costed my 30 and all that coz of a girl..... I am not worried about the money.... but all this coz of a girl .... hee hee feel like laughing at myself. i guess a long post after a long time thats it for .... going to tricy tomm. eve

6 comments:

Deepak said...

Awesome post da....couldn't stop laughing :-))

Anonymous said...

Gr8 da fever, Only saving grace is we all know this is not the first and most definitely, this is not the last. If you get a car for yourself, I only hope it doesnot become a share 'car' for all the girls... :))

Anonymous said...

deepak.. u mean school girl style... I hrd nowadays school boys dont prefer autos

Deepak said...

btw...what happened to his bike? I remember him putting vetti scene with it!

senthil natarajan said...

hang on guys! you are talking about me!! lemme also say something. dei nawaz unuku paraparadhey velaiya pochu... i still remember you drooling at ****** ... regarding the auto matter, deepak will u believe whatever this fello says

Deepak said...

fever ...useless fellow..why the F did you delete my comment?